Burn Candles, Not The Fun!
The next time you light up your party with scores of candles, keep these safety tips in mind and have a pleasant celebration.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Burn candles carefully and place them where children and pets can't reach.
- Always leave a safe distance between yourself and lit candles (Look for specifications on the label). If not specified, leave at least 7 cm of distance between yourself and candles.
- Do not burn candles near anything that can easily catch fire.
- Candles are not toys, regardless of their shape, size or colour. Some candles are manufactured in a way that they appeal to children but please be aware that these candles are still not specifically classed as toys and should never be treated as such.
- Burn candles at least 60 cm away from anything that can catch fire such as curtains, drapes, clothes or paper decorations.
- Place candles away from all sources of heat. They can melt and start a fire.
- Dispose off the candle when there is approximately 1 cm left at the bottom. Let it cool before disposing. Letting a candle burn out risks starting a fire and glass holders cracking.
- All materials that come into contact with food have likely been treated with chemicals to ensure they perform their role in a safe and reliable way.
- There are several party products which are already classed as food contact materials such as decorative and themed party plates and cutlery. These may/may not include the candles you are buying. Please read the label carefully before making your purchase.